Setting up your Windows device so you can work using Obzervr Capture is easy! You will need to:
Check the device requirements
Check your operating system version compatibility
Start your device
Enable automatic updates
Summary of device requirements:
You can use Capture on your desktop computer or a Windows phone.
Your device can be a desktop computer, tablet or phone but it needs to have Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 installed. It also needs to have a minimum of 2GB RAM, able to connect to Wi-Fi and have GPS capabilities.
You will need a charger & associated USB cord to charge your device's battery.
It will also need to have the Microsoft Store to download the Obzervr Capture app.
Some examples are:
- Dell XPS
- Microsoft Surface
Operating system (OS) version compatibility
The Obzervr Capture app is compatible with Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. More information is outlined at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Windows_version_history.
Start your device, connect to Wi-Fi & turn on GPS
- Connect your device to power.
- Legal terms – click Accept.
- Make sure you are in a location with connection to a Wi-Fi network and connect if prompted.
- Create a pin for the device – tap on Skip This to opt out of setting a password.
- After some more time setting up apps, your Windows 10 set up is done. You’ll automatically be taken to your Desktop and Start Menu/Start Screen.
Connect to a Wi-Fi network
- Open the Action Centre from the icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen or tap on the icon on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen.
- Turn on Wi-Fi.
Your device will automatically search for available Wi-Fi networks.
- Tap the name of the Wi-Fi network that you want to join.
Turn GPS on
The first time an app that uses the Windows location service needs your device location or location history, it requests your permission. Give the Obzervr app your permission.
Another way to turn on GPS is to:
- Access Settings > Privacy > Location.
- Tap the indicator next to Location service to turn the function on or off.
Enable Automatic Updates
- Open Microsoft Store.
- Select the ‘…’ icon on the right-hand side of the search taskbar in the top right-hand corner of the screen and choose Settings.
- Under App updates, tap Update apps automatically.