Setting up your iOS device so you can work using Obzervr Capture is easy! You will need to:
Check the device requirements
Check your operating system version compatibility
Start your device
Enable automatic updates
Summary of device requirements:
You can use Capture on company issued intrinsic safe devices, IP68 or the phone in your pocket.
Your device needs to be a phone or tablet with touchscreen capability, have a minimum of 2GB RAM, able to connect to Wi-Fi and have GPS capabilities.
You will need a charger & associated USB cord to charge your device's battery.
It will also need to have the App Store to download the Obzervr Capture app.
Some examples are:
- iPhone 8
Operating system (OS) version compatibility
The Obzervr Capture app is compatible with supported OS versions outlined at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_version_history
Start your device, connect to Wi-Fi and turn GPS on
Turn the device on and follow the manufacturer's prompts.
To turn on Wi-Fi:
- From your Home screen, go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Turn on Wi-Fi.
Your device will automatically search for available Wi-Fi networks.
- Tap the name of the Wi-Fi network that you want to join.
- After you join the network, you’ll see next to the network and in the upper-left corner of your display.
To turn GPS on:
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Privacy.
- Tap Location Services.
- Tap the indicator next to “Location Services” to turn the function on or off.
- Tap the indicator next to the Obzervr mobile app to ensure Location Services are turned on.
Enable Automatic Updates
- To make sure that the apps are set to automatically update, go into Settings and scroll until you see iTunes and App Store.
- Tap on iTunes & App Store.
- Then scroll all the way down towards the bottom until see Automatic Downloads.
- Select Updates. Now when a new version of Obzervr is released, your device will automatically update the app.
Congratulations! Your setup is complete.
The next step is to download and install Obzervr Capture onto your device using One click installation. Follow the link to see more!
Want to hear more about Obzervr? Check out our support videos, website (www.obzervr.com), or social media pages (LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook).
Leave a comment below and click to let us know if this article was helpful!