Relevant versions: 1.18.0+ on Android, iOS and Windows
We have introduced a new way to select and access more options. It is more consistent with other conventions for selecting items implemented in other well-known apps like Microsoft Outlook.
This UI change will replace the burger menu (the stack icon in the top right corner) and green tick for accessing more options pertaining to one item (i.e. an assignment, trip or sample). The taskbar has also been modified with new icons and colours. It’s much nicer!
For example, in this image of v1.17.0 of the Obzervr Capture app:
- Burger menu
- Green tick
To see this new function, try clicking and unclicking the progress circle on the assignment page. A taskbar should appear at the bottom of the screen with more options to complete, cancel, decline, create trip and delete.
This image portrays of v1.18.0 of the Obzervr Capture app:
- Progress circle
- Vertical ellipsis (three dots)
- Select All option
To exit out of this view, click on the tick again or select the x icon on the taskbar.
This has been standardised across the app. Wherever you are in the app, if you click on the image to select, the more options taskbar will appear at the bottom of the screen.
Now try on the Trips screen. Swipe to the Trips screen, then click and unclick the Progress Bars for a Trip. The taskbar will appear so that you can complete, cancel, decline and delete your trips.
In this image of v1.18.0 of the Obzervr Capture app:
- Progress Bars
With the introduction of the UI change is the replacement of the burger menu (the icon in the top right corner). On Android and Windows devices, the burger menu has been replaced with three dots. This is represented as the Number 5 in the image above.
However, on iOS, the three dots button does not exist. Instead, there are Select All and Deselect All boxes at the top of the screen. This is represented in the image below:
8. iOS Select All box
These icons have been standardised to enable the Select All function. Now, it only acts to Select and Deselect, Collect and Not Collect All items in a list.
- To select one item – click on the image to the left of the text to select one item.
- To deselect one item – click the image again or the x icon on the taskbar.
- To select multiple items on Android and Windows – click the three dots in the top right corner and choose Select All.
- To deselect multiple items on Android and Windows – click the three dots in the top right corner and choose Deselect All.
- To select multiple items on Android and Windows – click Select All at the top of the screen.
- To deselect multiple items on iOS – click Deselect All at the top of the screen.