Creating and verifying Users on Obzervr is easy! Step 1 of Getting Started with Obzervr is creating a user. See How to create Users if you need more info. Step 2 is verifying the User log in. When the User is created, a verification email is sent to the new user's email address.
There are four verification steps:
Click on the link to verify your email address.
Set a new password.
Sign in to Obzervr Manager or Capture with your new log in.
Change the world.
Click the link in the Verification email
Set a password
Here at Obzervr, we want to ensure that your account is secure. We have a couple of password requirements:
- Must be between 8 and 64 characters long.
Hint: Use personal, easy to remember pass phrases instead of just one strange word. Or let a password manager generate and populate the password for you.
- Must not be common.
Obzervr prevents you from choosing passwords from the top 100k most common passwords.
Sign in with your new Obzervr log in
Sign in with your email address and password to Obzervr Manager.
Read and Accept the Obzervr Terms of Service
- 1.1 In relation to the Authorised Users, the Customer undertakes that:
- (a) it will not allow or suffer any User Account or Subscription to be used by more than one individual Authorised User unless it has been reassigned in its entirety to another individual Authorised User, in which case the prior Authorised User shall no longer have any right to access or use the Services and/or Documentation; and
- (b) each Authorised User shall keep a secure password for its use of the Services and Documentation and that each Authorised User shall keep his password confidential.
- 1.2 The Customer must not use the Platform:
- (a) in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful; or
- (b) in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
- 1.3 The Customer shall not access, store, distribute or transmit any Viruses, or any material during the course of its use of the Services that:
- (a) is unlawful, harmful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, infringing, harassing or racially or ethnically offensive;
- (b) facilitates illegal activity;
- (c) depicts sexually explicit images;
- (d) promotes unlawful violence;
- (e) is discriminatory based on race, gender, colour, religious belief, sexual orientation, disability, or any other illegal activity; or
- (f) causes damage or injury to any person or property;
and Obzervr reserves the right, without liability to the Customer, to disable the Customer’s access to any material that breaches the provisions of this clause.
- 1.4 The Customer shall not:
- (i) and except to the extent expressly permitted under this agreement, attempt to copy, modify, duplicate, create derivative works from, frame, mirror, republish, download, display, transmit, or distribute all or any portion of the Platform and/or Documentation (as applicable) in any form or media or by any means; or
- (ii) attempt to reverse compile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise reduce to human-perceivable form all or any part of the Platform;
- (a) except as may be allowed by any applicable law which is incapable of exclusion by agreement between the parties:
- (b) access all or any part of the Services and Documentation in order to build a product or service which competes with the Services and/or the Documentation; or
- (c) use the Services and/or Documentation to provide services to third parties; or
- (d) subject to clause 16.14, license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, display, disclose, or otherwise commercially exploit, or otherwise make the Services and/or Documentation available to any third party except the Authorised Users, or
- (e) attempt to obtain, or assist third parties in obtaining, access to the Services and/or Documentation, other than as provided under this clause 2; and
- 1.5 The Customer shall use all reasonable endeavours to prevent any unauthorised access to, or use of, the Services and/or the Documentation and, in the event of any such unauthorised access or use, promptly notify Obzervr.
Congratulations! You have logged in to Obzervr Manager! If you're a Capture User, you can now setup your device for Capture and download the app. Check out Step 3: How to setup your device, depending on your device's operating system:
Getting an Verification error message?
If there is an issue with verification, you might see a error message which says:
Error verifying –Your Email –
We couldn't verify the email address –Your Email –. The problem could be one of the following:
- –Your Email – has been confirmed before.
Try to sign-in with the password that was used when you first confirmed your account. If you can't remember your password then use the 'Forgot Password' link on the sign-in page.
- The confirmation request email security token has expired.
If the confirmation email you clicked on is more than a day old then the security token has expired. We've sent –Your Email – a new confirmation email with a fresh token. Repeat this confirmation progress using the link in that email instead.
Click Go to Login to check if your email address has been confirmed before.
If your email has not been properly verified, you will get this message on the login page:
Your email has not been confirmed yet, please follow the instructions in the activation email.
Check your email inbox for a new verification email, because it is likely that the confirmation request email security token has expired in the previous email. The security token will expire within 48 hours so make sure you click the link!
Head back up to Set a password to finish verifying your Obzervr account. If there's something wrong or you're not getting the verification email, contact [email protected] and we'll help you out. You can also click on the "Support" button in the bottom left corner of the Obzervr Manager log in page (see above) and send an email to Obzervr Support from there.
So that's how you verify your Obzervr log in!