Teams is a new feature released in September 2018. Versions affected are v1.20+ on Android, Windows and iOS.
What is Teams?
Teams is a group of users.
Who will use Teams?
- Businesses with multiple business units using Obzervr.
- Businesses with external contractors (i.e. citizen scientists or an engineering service provider).
Why have we created the Teams feature?
- Data security and improved access control of the Manager web portal. Teams was created so that external contractors could access the Manager web portal and not access other business units’ data.
- Access to irrelevant information to that business unit (i.e. Sites or Test Plans). Obzervr Capture users should not be burdened by data that is not relevant to their work.
Where can I find Teams?
- Obzervr Manager web portal – Teams menu under Security.
- Obzervr Capture mobile app v1.20 – you will need v1.20+ of the Capture mobile app to use Teams on Obzervr Capture.
The ins and outs of Teams
- No Team – If your User is not in a Team, you will be able to function as normal, but there will a couple of changes (i.e. Teams column in Assignment page).
- In a Team – Users will only be able to see the Assignments of other Users in the same Teams they are.
- In multiple Teams - filter your work by Team.
- Team Overseer – Use the Team Overseer role to place a User in a Team but allow them to view Not Assigned Team Assignments or Trips.
- Wasn’t in a Team previously, but now am – Each User will be able to access their Assignments which are not in a Team once Teams comes into effect, and going forward, all their Assignments will be in a Team.
How do I get started with Teams?
Check out the following articles for more info:
- How to create Teams on Obzervr Manager
- Managing your Teams on Obzervr Manager
- Permissions & Roles for Teams on Obzervr Manager
- How to use Teams on Obzervr Capture