Questioning yourself what an Assignment Type is? Read How to create Section and Field Measures in Obzervr Manager to learn more.
You know how to create the Section and Field Measures in the previous article, now is to learn how to use created Section and Field Measures to create Assignment Type
What is Assignment Type?
Assignment Type is a job or workflow type. For example, a building & pest inspection, groundwater sampling or a defect assessment.
Even though the presence for Assignment Type and Work Template on Obzervr Capture is the same, there are differences between them in terms of a few functions, which we will discuss later.
Why do we need this Assignment Type?
As mentioned above. there are functions enabled only when you create a Work Template as an Assignment Type, namely:
- Laboratories or Sampling
- Calculated Field Measures
An Assignment Type could be converted to a Work Template, however, the mentioned functions will be removed and you need to Publish the converted Work Template again to see in Obzervr Capture.
Therefore, it is essential to learn about Assignment Type.
How to Create an Assignment Type
- Open Obzervr Manager and navigate to the Assignment Setup page (or any other names as set up in the Alias Label).
- Select Assignment Template from the list of options.
- Click Create on the top-right corner to create a new Assignment Type. A small dialogue box pop-up.
- Enter the required information: Assignment Template ID, Assignment Template name
- Click on the drop-down menu at Field Measurements to select the Field Measurement Section created in the How to create Section and Field Measures in Obzervr Manager. Then click on the plus icon to add the Section.
- You can check if the Section was correct with all the Field Measurements in there by click on the name of the added Section.
- Click Save to save the Assignment Type.
You will need to add the newly created Assignment Type to your team so you can work with it on Obzervr Capture.
To check what it looks like on Obzervr Capture, you will need to sync and create a new Assignment on the device. For more detaills, read How to test new forms on Obzervr Capture. This is what the field measure created in the clip looks like:
Leave a comment below and click to let us know if this article was helpful!