Want to learn how to add new Field Measures to your forms?
Creating fields is pretty quick once you know how it's done! Find out more by reading the steps below.
How to create a Field Measure
- Open Obzervr Manager and navigate to the Configuration page.
- Select Measurements from the list of options under Field Measurements.
- Click to Create a Field Measurement.
- Add a Field Measurement Name.
- You don’t need to enter anything into the Field Measurement Short Name field.
- Enter the Field Measurement Section name or click the plus button to create a new Field Measurement Section.
- Select the data type. Learn more about data types in 15 key fields you need to know.
- Enter the required data for the data type. For an 'Is Number' data type, this would include the Unit of Measurement.
- Click to Save the Field Measure.
You have created a Field Measure!
How to create a Tile Field Measure
How to create a Drop down Field Measure
How to a create Is Number (with Upper and Lower Boundary) Field Measure
If you have added a Field Measure to an existing Section already on an Assignment Type, you will need to enable the Field Measure. To learn more, read How to add new fields to existing forms. Also, if you have created a new section, you will need to add it to an existing Assignment Type in order to be able to view it on the app.
To check what it looks like on Obzervr Capture, you will need to sync and create a new Assignment on the device. For more detaills, read How to test new forms on Obzervr Capture. This is what the field measure created in the clip looks like: