There are two ways to create Work Templates on Obzervr Manager:
- Create Work Template using Work Templates Designer
- Create Work Template (called Assignment Type in this method and throughout the series) using Configuration and Assignment Setup.
The Work Template's structure is the same in both ways (Group - Section - Field Measurement). However, there are a few features that can only be enabled when using the Configuration and Assignment Setup.
In this article, we will walk you through how to create the Section and Field Measurements for Assignment Type. In the next article, we will show you how to create Assignment Type using created Section and Field Measurements.
What is Assignment Type?
Assignment Type is a job or workflow type. For example, a building & pest inspection, groundwater sampling or a defect assessment.
Even though the presence for Assignment Type and Work Template on Obzervr Capture is the same, there are differences between them in terms of a few functions, which we will discuss later.
Why do we need this Assignment Type?
As mentioned above. there are functions enabled only when you create a Work Template as an Assignment Type, namely:
- Laboratories or Sampling
- Calculated Field Measures
An Assignment Type could be converted to a Work Template, however, the mentioned functions will be removed and you need to Publish the converted Work Template again to see in Obzervr Capture.
Therefore, it is essential to learn about Assignment Type.
How to create Section for Field Measurement?
- Open Obzervr Manager and navigate to the Configuration page.
- Select Field Measurement Section from the list of options under Field Measurements.
- Click to access the Field Measurement Section page.
- Click Create on the top-right corner to create new Field. A small dialogue box pop-up.
- Enter the Section Name.
- Click Save.
Figure 1: Create Field Measurement Section
How to create a Field Measure
- Open Obzervr Manager and navigate to the Configuration page (Or go back to the Configuration page after creating Section in the previous step).
- Select Measurements from the list of options under Field Measurements.
- Click to Create a Field Measurement.
- Add a Field Measurement Name.
- You don’t need to enter anything into the Field Measurement Short Name field.
- Enter the created Field Measurement Section name (as guided in the previous section) or click the plus button to create a new Field Measurement Section.
- Select the data type. Learn more about data types in 15 key fields you need to know.
- Enter the required data for the data type. For an 'Is Number' data type, this would include the Unit of Measurement.
- Click to Save the Field Measure.
Figure 2: Create Field Measurement and Section
You have created a Field Measure!
How to create a Tile Field Measure
How to create a Drop down Field Measure
How to a create Is Number (with Upper and Lower Boundary) Field Measure
If you have added a Field Measure to an existing Section already on an Assignment Type, you will need to enable the Field Measure. To learn more, read How to add new fields to existing forms. Also, if you have created a new section, you will need to add it to an existing Assignment Type in order to be able to view it on the app.
To check what it looks like on Obzervr Capture, you will need to sync and create a new Assignment on the device. For more detaills, read How to test new forms on Obzervr Capture. This is what the field measure created in the clip looks like:
Leave a comment below and click to let us know if this article was helpful!