Wondering if you can put pictures into your digital forms like in your paper check sheets? As they say, ‘a picture paints a thousand words’ and in certain scenarios, adding an image or diagram is the easiest way of communicating what somebody should be looking at.
Attachments in Obzervr Manager allows you to display pictures on the app in two ways:
Firstly, what’s the difference?
Inline Photos are .jpg or .png images that will display above the field measure. In other words, it’s “inline”. This means that you can reference the image as you input the data. Try clicking on the inline photo to view it in full screen mode.
Attachments are images (.jpg or .png file types) and documents (.pdf file types) which are hidden behind a paper clip icon for the field measure. Clicking on the paper clip icon will open a list of your attachments. Generally, if you have multiple documents that you want to add to a field measure, then adding them as an Attachment is the better option.
Note that to upload Attachments to Obzervr, you will need to have the correct Attachment permissions. For example, to upload an image, you will need the Attachment Admin role. Attachments Reader will allow you to view the list of Attachments available to choose from in the system. However, you will not need either of these roles if the Attachment is already in Obzervr. Click to add the Attachment and keep configuring! details all the roles available and what they allow you to do.
How to add an Inline Photo or Attachment to your form on Obzervr Manager
- Open Obzervr Manager and navigate to the Configuration page.
- Select Measurements from the list of options under Field Measurements.
- Click to Create a Field Measurement. Add all the relevant mandatory information.
- Go to the Attachments bar and navigate to Inline photos.
- Select an image from the Select an Attachment drop-down list or click on the Upload Icon. A Create Attachment window opens.
- Click on Select a file and browse through the folder which contains the Image you want to attach.
- Once the image selection is done, it will be displayed inside the Create attachment window.
- Specify the Attachment Name and click on Save.
- Similarly, under the Attachments tab, there is an option named Attachments where you can attach the PDF’s files from the drop-down list or click on the Upload Icon. A Create Attachment window opens. Click on Select a file and browse through the folder which contains the Document you want to attach. Specify the attachment name and click on Save.
- If you want to attach more images or documents, repeat the steps 10-14.
- If you want to remove an image or document, click on the little cross (x) icon near the attached image or document.
- If you want to update an image or document, click on the little pencil (edit) icon near the attached image or document.