With Capture v1.42.9 and Designer & Manager v41.31, we bring you a new feature on the Designer that will help you to see a summary of a group based on the selected fields and their values from within the group.
This article will explore how to set up Group Summary and its features in Designer and how this can be used in Capture and viewed in Manager. Please note that you will need access to Work Templates and the Designer to set up this feature
1. Setting up the Location field type in Designer
This feature is set up in the Work Template via Designer with the following steps:
- Open the Work Template that needs updating, make a draft and select/create the group that uses this feature
- Navigate to Group Summary
- Select the fields that needed to be in the summary
- Click on + to add the field(s) to the list.
- Drag to re-order the fields where needed
- Save and Publish the Work Template as normal.
Figure 1: How to set up Group Summary in Manager
2. Using the Group Summary in Capture
Once a Work Template has been configured using the Group Summary and you have created a Work Order from this template, on Capture, you will see the list of the selected field on the Group card without going into the Group.
On capturing values into the selected Field, those values will be displayed on the Group card.
Figure 2: How to use Group Summary in Capture
That's it! Hope you enjoyed the article!
Leave a comment below and click to let us know if this article was helpful!