With Capture v1.42.9 and Designer & Manager v41.31, we bring you a new feature on the Designer that will help you to see a summary of a group based on the selected fields and their values from within the group.
This article will explore how to set up Group Summary and its features in Designer and how this can be used in Capture and viewed in Manager. Please note that you will need access to Work Templates and the Designer to set up this feature
- Setting up the hidden Start/End Date/Time for Work Template in Designer
- Using the Work Template in Capture
- Work Template has all dates and times hidden: The user should not see anything on the Work template creation page.
- Work Template does not have every date and time hidden: The user should see the hidden dates as read-only so he/she can have a good idea of what the start date and end dates are.
- When To date and To time are hidden, the Work Order created should default to the minimum hour gap between the from the date and create the assignment accordingly. I.e the To dates will be x hours in the future where x is the minimum gap between from date/time and to date/time
If everything is hidden, the from and to date will default to the current date and time with the minimum gap between from and to date and time.
- Work Template has field notes hidden: The user should not see field notes in the Assignment create.
- The from date and to date will now have a text beneath them that shows the adjustment with the timezone set. This will help the users choose the time correctly.
1. Setting up the Group Summary in Designer
This feature is set up in the Work Template via Designer with the following steps:
- Open the Work Template that needs updating, make a draft and select/create the group that uses this feature; OR create a new Work Template (then you can skip step 2)
- Click on the Template Name to open the Template details window
- Select the Options tab
- Slide to enable/disable any option that you want to see/not see when creating the Work Order in Capture
- Save and Publish the Work Template as normal.
Figure 1: How to set up Work Template options in Manager
2. Using the Group Summary in Capture
Once a Work Template has been configured using the Group Summary and you have created a Work Order from this template, on Capture, you will see the list of the selected field on the Group card without going into the Group.
On capturing values into the selected Field, those values will be displayed on the Group card.
Figure 2: How to use Work Template options in Capture
That's it! Hope you enjoyed the article!
Want to hear more about Obzervr? Check out our support videos, website (www.obzervr.com), or social media pages (LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook).
Leave a comment below and click to let us know if this article was helpful!
Please sign in to leave a comment.