Note: This feature requires Obzervr assistance to activate a feature flag. Please contact Obzervr Support at email@example.com to get started.
🔒 This feature requires Feedback Management permissions to use. Learn more about it here: How do I check my permissions?
Feedback Management is here!
This has been in the works for a bit so we’re excited to announce that Feedback Management is now available for Obzervr Manager and Capture.
But what is it, I hear you say?
Feedback Management is a new, streamlined way for Workers on Capture to provide feedback about a work instruction to Planners in Manager.
Before forms were digitised in Obzervr, this process might have looked like a section on the work instruction where Workers could provide feedback on any checks that needed to be updated. Eventually, this would land on the Planner’s desk.
Once Obzervr was introduced, this process was brought online with a section in the digital work order for form feedback. But the challenge with having a separate section was that sometimes the forms are long and it meant scrolling to the bottom of the page to capture the feedback. It wasn’t contextual. When reviewing the feedback, Planners weren’t sure what field the feedback related to.
With Feedback Management, however, now Workers will be able to capture Feedback for each field, much like they already capture comments. No scrolling required.
Left: How feedback for a form might be currently captured; Right: How feedback will be captured with the new Feedback Management process on Capture.
All the feedback is streamlined into a new Feedback Management list for Planners to review and action. It will be their go-to location for checking if forms need to be updated and it can be assigned to another team member to action.
Note: This feature requires Feedback Management permissions to use. Learn more about it here: How do I check my permissions?
Table of Contents
- What’s Changed
How it works
- What it looks like for Workers on Obzervr Capture
- How do I edit Feedback that I’ve added on Obzervr Capture?
- When will Feedback show in the Feedback Management list?
- How to view Feedback in the Feedback Management List in Obzervr Manager
- How to resolve Feedback in the Feedback Management List
- What do the Statuses mean? Are they fixed?
- How to assign Feedback
- How do I filter out the Resolved Feedback in my list
- Not sure how to filter, resize, add columns or search?
- How will the Worker know if their feedback has been actioned?
- Release Dependencies
- Future Releases
On the newest version of Obzervr Capture, there will now be an option to 'Provide Feedback' for each field.
For Planners on Manager, there is a new menu option called ‘Feedback Management’ where all the feedback created by Workers on Capture can be reviewed.
If you click on it, it will open a new tab to a module which looks a lot like.. Work list.
We’ve purposely made Feedback Management look very similar so that you can get up to speed quickly.
The main new things you will see are:
- The list is split into two sections: left hand side shows all the feedback and their configurable columns, whilst the right hand side shows a “Status” and “Assigned To”.
- The ability to assign an feedback to a user for further actioning
- A more complete feedback workflow, indicated by the additional statuses that you can use to indicate how feedback has been actioned.
- The context of the Field and Work Instruction related to the Feedback, without having to click into each Work Order and find the section.
- The ability to bulk review, update and assign for actioning.
Keep reading to learn more.
How it works
What it looks like for Workers on Obzervr Capture
💡 You will need Capture v1.42.34 to see Field Feedback on your device. If you have updated to the latest version, and still can’t see Feedback, reach out to your Obzervr Administrator to turn on the Feedback feature.
- For a field, click on the ‘three vertical dots’ in the top right corner of the field.
- A list will show at the bottom of the screen. Select ‘Provide Feedback’.
- The Feedback page will open. Enter your Feedback in the text box.
- Click the tick to save your Feedback.
- The Feedback icon will show on the field to signify the field you’ve added Feedback to.
- Sync Obzervr Capture to send the feedback to your Planner’s Feedback Management dashboard.
How do I edit Feedback that I’ve added?
To edit feedback that you’ve added to the field, navigate to the field where you want to edit the Feedback. It should show the Feedback icon.
Like when adding Feedback, you will need to select the three dots and select ‘Provide Feedback’ from the list.
NOTE: clicking on the Feedback icon will NOT open the Feedback. You will need to click the three dots and select ‘Provide Feedback’.
When will Feedback show in the Feedback Management list?
On the sync of Capture, not when the Work is completed.
How to view Feedback in the Feedback Management List in Obzervr Manager
The main change that you will notice in Obzervr Manager is that there will be a new menu option called ‘Feedback Management’.
How to resolve Feedback in the Feedback Management List
There are a couple of ways that you can resolve Feedback using the Feedback Management list.
You can update the Status of the Feedback OR click the tick icon to resolve the feedback.
2. In bulk
When there is a lot of feedback to manage, there needs to be an quick way to close them out. So like for finalising work orders, you can use the multi-select boxes to resolve more than one feedback at a time.
Click through the steps below for a detailed run through.
NOTE: wherever you use the ‘tick’ icon to resolve the feedback - the Resolution Status is marked as ‘Action Completed’. You will need manually select ‘No Action Required’ using the Status drop down.
What do the Statuses mean? Are they fixed?
As you will have noticed, there are more Statuses to choose from when resolving Feedback. They have been defined so that you can build out an feedback management workflow where some feedback needs further action before they can be resolved, and if someone else needs to action them.
So, what do the statuses mean? Can they be changed?
The statuses are not fixed and can be updated, but have been defined with the following reasons in mind.
How to assign Feedback
As mentioned before, the idea of adding the statuses was to facilitate the scenarios where it’s not possible to immediately close out feedback, since a follow on action is required.
You can use the same actions as listed in How to resolve Feedback to update the status, but to assign to another team member, click through the steps below to see how this works.
How to assign an individual Feedback comment to a team member
How to assign multiple Feedback comments to a team member
How do I filter out the Resolved Feedback in my list?
Once you’ve actioned your Feedback, you might notice that Resolved Feedback does not ‘disappear’ from the list like Finalised Work does from the Work list.
To only see the Unresolved Feedback, you will need to filter the Resolution Status.
Not sure how to filter, resize, add columns or search?
Feedback Management is built to work similarly to Work list. Read more about how to use these features in detail here.
How will the Worker know if their feedback has been actioned?
At the moment, the feedback is only sent from Capture to Manager. If the feedback is assigned back to the Worker, they might see the status, but the follow-on actions of the feedback will not show on Capture.
To use Feedback Management on Obzervr Manager, you will need the next version of Obzervr Capture. The current version of Obzervr Capture is v1.42.33.
The Feedback list is a big feature, so we’re still working on it. Some features which will be coming soon are:
- Adding a Resolution Comment or Measure Comment via the Feedback list. To read more about Comments for Feedback Management, click here.
- Why can’t I see the count of feedback by status? This is not currently supported, but will be coming soon.
- Security for Feedback Management. We are busy adding roles, permission and teams filters for your feedback now! These will be added soon.
- The ability to remove feedback on Capture.