Been wondering what Attributes are? Attributes are found in the Configuration section of the Manager web portal. They are additional, static information about an Assignment Point.
Attributes are a way to communicate to your Capture mobile app users more information about where they are.
For example, if your Assignment Point is called a Location Point or Site, you might like to some additional General Site Information such as the Gauging Station Number, Start of Monitoring, Division, Installation Date, Status and Material. When the Capture mobile app user creates an Assignment with the Assignment Point which has Attributes, it will show on the Assignment Details page.
Attaching Attributes to an Assignment Point
- Create an Assignment Point.
- Create Attribute Group and Attributes in Configuration.
- Under Configuration > General, select the Assignment Point Type. Create a new Assignment Point Type and attach the Attribute Group. Save the Assignment Point Type.
- Access your Assignment Point. Open the Assignment Point and select the Assignment Point Type from the list of drop down options available.
- If you scroll to the bottom of the Assignment Point page, a new section called “Additional Attributes” will appear.
- Expand the Attribute Group to view your Attributes. Add relevant details into the empty fields.
- Refresh the browser.
- Open the Capture mobile app. Sync and create an assignment with the Assignment Point which has the Attributes attached to it.
- Open the Assignment. On the Assignment Details page, the Additional Attributes will show underneath the Field Instructions.
- Attributes are additional static information about an Assignment Point.
- Attributes are attached to the Assignment Point through the Attribute Group and Assignment Point Type.
- An Assignment Point is a place or location where work is undertaken.