Container override is a flag which means that a suite or method specify the number and type of containers for the entire table.
This is relevant when a laboratory XML file has been uploaded but it has defined a container for every analyte and method tested. In reality, multiple analytes and methods are grouped into one sampling bottle.
Therefore, designating an container override suite or method is a way to add a suite and method which takes preference over other suites and methods. It will override the numerous methods and duplicate containers to centralise your containers into one table. The container override method can be manually configured based off the Sample Containers outlined in your laboratory’s quote.
How to create Container Override Suites and Methods in Manager:
- Navigate to the Laboratory section of Obzervr Manager.
- Select the Actions drop down menu.
- Select Test Plan.
- Choose the Test Plan that you have a laboratory quote that you need container override suites and methods for.
- Choose a Table.
- In the Suite page, select the three line burger stack and select Attach Suite.
- The Attach Suite pop up will appear. On this pop-up, it is now possible to select Yes or No to Override Containers? Select Yes. If you have already your suites using a xml file, you will need to create a new Override Container Suite. In the Suite field, enter the name of your Suite plus “Override”. If the Suite does not exist, you can create it in the Suite field.
- The override suite will appear at the top of the suite list. There will also be an exclamation icon next to the suite to signify that it is a Container Override Suite.
- You will need to create a new container override method for the Table. Select the burger menu and select Attach Method.
- Create a name for the Method. Select a Matrix i.e. WATER, and select Yes to Override Containers?
- Attach your containers in the Attach New Container section as per your Laboratory quote.
- Click Save to save the Method. The override container Method will have an exclamation mark next to it, signifying that it will override other methods.
On Capture, when a user selects the Laboratory Quote, Table and All Suites for the Suite, they will automatically select the Container Override option. The containers configured in the Container Override Method will appear.