🔒 Note: This capability requires assignments (read or admin) permissions to access. Learn more here*
🔑 Note: This feature is available only on request. Please contact Obzervr Support at email@example.com to request enabling this feature
Custom columns add data to your worklist that relates to the assignments that aren’t available in the list of columns. With custom columns, you can surface key data — such as adding a ‘Group reoccurrence count’ column for your safety checks to make sure all assigned users have completed their safety requirements
In this article, we will explain how to setup custom columns, what type of custom columns we support, and how to add them to your views — to make your worklist more explicit
Click any of the following links to skip ahead:
- 1. Access Custom Columns
- 2. Add a Custom Column
- 3. Add a Custom Column to the worklist table
- 4. Save your view
- 5. Delete a Custom Column
1. Access Custom Columns
To access custom columns to set them up:
Select customize on the view you want to add a custom column to. This will open up the setup of custom columns
Note: customize is not available on the ‘default view’. Please select a view or save a new view to access customize
2. Add a Custom Column
The next step is to set up what custom columns you like to add to your current view.
Note: You can add up to five custom columns per view.
Select the Column Type from the ‘Custom Column Type’ Dropdown (1) from:
- Group Reoccurrence Count - This custom column type will give a total count of reoccurrences created for the selected group Note: Only groups that are reoccurrences and are published group fragments are supported
- Assignment Point Attribute - Coming Soon
- Field Reading - Coming Soon
Setup the details of the custom detail (2)
For group reoccurrence count, select the specific group you want
Note: Only groups that reoccurrences and are published group fragments will be displayed in the list
Enter a column heading (optional)(3). This will be the heading displayed in the table and column chooser. By default, it will be the group name but you can change it to anything you like
Click Add (4) to add your custom column to your view
Now your column will be added to the list of custom columns and will be available in your column chooser to add to your table for your view.
3. Add a Custom Column to the worklist table
Once you have some custom columns configured, they will now be available in the column chooser, the same as any other column. To add the custom column to the table:
- Click the columns button to open the column chooser
- Locate the custom column in the list (It will display as the column heading)
- Drag the column from the list into the table in the position you want
Custom columns have the same functionality as standard columns, such as adding, rearranging, and ordering
They also support filtering, sorting, and grouping
4. Save your view
Once you have set up and added your custom columns don’t forget to save your view!
Note: When saving a copy of a view that contains custom columns, these columns will not be included. You will need to re-add them to the new view.
5. Delete a Custom Column
When a custom column is no longer needed you can delete it by:
- Click the ‘customize’ button on the worklist to open up your setup custom columns
- Click the ‘delete’ icon button (1) in the custom column list. You will need to confirm to delete. Once deleted, the column will be removed from the list, the column chooser, and the table. You can set it up again at any point.
- Save your view.