Setting up your Android device so you can work using Obzervr Capture is easy! You will need to:
Check the device requirements
Check your operating system version compatibility
Start your device
Enable automatic updates
You can use Capture on company issued intrinsic safe devices, IP68 or the phone in your pocket.
Your device needs to be a phone or tablet with touchscreen capability, have a minimum of 2GB RAM, able to connect to Wi-Fi and have GPS capabilities.
You will need a charger & associated USB cord to charge your device's battery.
It will also need to have the Google Play app store to download the Obzervr Capture app.
Some examples are:
- Pixel 2 XL
- Lenovo TB3-710F
- Samsung SM-T365Y
Operating system (OS) version compatibility
The Obzervr Capture app is compatible with supported OS versions outlined at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history.
Turn the device on and follow the manufacturer's instructions to set up the device. The device will guide you to connect to a Wi-Fi network. You will also need to check that your GPS is turned on.
You will need to access the Wi-Fi and the GPS from the Settings app on your device.
Enable Automatic Updates
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Touch the hamburger icon in the top-left corner, swipe up and choose Settings.
- Under General, tap Auto-update apps.
- If you want updates over Wi-Fi only, choose the third option: Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only.
- If you want updates as and when they become available, choose the second option: Auto-update apps at any time.
Congratulations! Your setup is complete.
The next step is to download and install Obzervr Capture onto your device using One click installation. Follow the link to see more!