Wondering how to unattach a sample if it’s already attached to a Chain of Custody?
There are a couple of steps so let’s get started!
For a trip COC with one assignment and two samples (Sample ‘123’ and Sample ‘456’), this article will walk through how to update the Sample Reference for Sample ‘456’ to be ‘789’ as a full workflow.
🔒 To create and edit samples on Obzervr Capture, you will need access to Obzervr Capture. To uncomplete your assignment, you will need Assignment Admin access to Obzervr Manager.
Unrelinquish the COC
- Open Obzervr Capture.
- Navigate to the COC on the app.
- Click on the ‘thumbs up’ symbol to open the More Options menu at the bottom of the page.
- Click to Unrelinquish the COC.
Edit the COC to unattach the sample
- Once the COC is unrelinquished, you can click to open the COC. This will open the COC on the app. It will show the COC number at the top of the page.
- Select to edit the COC by clicking on the pencil icon. This will update the COC from ‘reviewing’ mode to ‘editing’ mode.
- Click on the Reference Number that you want to edit and unattach from the COC. Note: click on the right hand side of the progress circle. Clicking on the progress circle will open the More Options menu, which you don’t want to do.
- When unattached from the COC, the sample will be a grey colour, as opposed to green. Note: to edit a COC, you need to have more than one sample attached to the COC. If there is only one sample attached to the COC, and you want to edit it, you will have to create a dummy sample to stay on the COC whilst the other sample is edited.
- Click the ‘Attach X Reference Groups’ at the bottom of the page once you have removed the Samples that you want to edit.
- Your sample has been unattached from the COC.
Here’s what’s next so you can learn more about the sampling and COCs:
- How to edit a sample on your COC
- How to remove or unrelinquish a Chain of Custody on Obzervr Capture